Passionate Mountain Biker:
Posted 11th May 2020. We are looking for a multi-talented individual interested in working in our dynamic mountain biking business who is flexible, willing and talented enough to fill many roles including: bike shop sales, customer service and admin, guiding/coaching, shuttle-driving and social media duties in the mountain biking mecca of Nelson.
Our company is based in sunny Nelson, where the riding is spectacular, the winters are mild, and the summers are off-the-hook. Our bike shop offers a central hub for mountain bikers to plan how to make the most of the riding in and around Nelson, providing free trail advice, full-mechanic services, bike sales, rental bikes, coaching, guiding and shuttles. Our small team of staff are passionate and non-judgmental mountain bikers keen to help other riders progress in this fantastic sport in this amazing region. Our staff are all multi-talented and willing and able to fill a range of roles at the drop of a hat. We are keen to find someone to join our team with good admin and customer services skills who is also qualified and capable as a guide/coach and shuttle-driver.
Qualifications Required (current, or willing to rapidly obtain):
- National/International level mountain bike coaching/guiding qualification (PMBIA, NZOIA, Skills Active or other)
- Outdoor first aid qualification (ideally PHEC or Wilderness First Aid).
- Experience in the cycle industry whether in retail or tourism.
- P License
- Solid “in the field” bicycle mechanic
- Solid grade 4/5 rider on Nelson trailsApplicants will be required to do considerable in-house induction and training with the aim being to build up your capabilities in all aspects of this role. Applicants who have not worked in a professional role are encouraged to apply if they are keen to develop their professionalism in this area and bring enthusiasm, passion, and a solid work ethic to all areas of the business.
Work hours are fluid, with the base hours being in the shop as front-of-desk and additional hours and work available for the coaching/guiding and shuttle driving activities on demand.
We are looking for someone who
– Is a passionate, non-judgemental, expert/advanced mountain biker keen to progress others in the sport
– Is energetic, loves the outdoors, and is excited about helping others
– Likes building relationship with customers, loves mountain biking, has an infectious smile and enthusiasm, and a solid work-ethic
– Has a team spirit and works well with others
– Can demonstrate solid mechanic skills, (I think this is where I was confused as its not for a mechanic position) strong riding skills, and good driving skills.
A prerequisite for this position is to hold:
NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Please visit our website www.gravitynelson.co.nz and Facebook and Instagram to have a good look at our offerings and philosophy before contacting us on email@example.com for more details and a full job description.
We look forward to hearing from you!